Rules #9b: Rules for Recovery: If You Really Want to Recover
For Those in Recovery
If you want to recover, you will need
to do different things and to do things differently.
Recovery in Four Parts
Fighting for Your Life
Managing Your Feelings
* Illness Return: If your emotions keep on flowing the same way after the illness as they did before it, more often than not, the illness will return. Doing things differently (becoming calmer through stress management and breathing) and doing different things (taking breaks to think instead of reacting to feelings) are necessary for change.* Can You Control Lust?: Lust is a signal from your Physical (Matter) Body that that you are putting too much attention on the "animal desires" that come with human flesh (sex, food, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, money, power, etc). If you have over-indulged in "Lust" and this has made you ill, then can you reduce it?
* Can You Manage Anger?: Anger is a signal from your Astral (Emotional) Body that some boundary has been violated. If you routinely respond to life's challenges with "Anger" and this has made you ill, then can you learn to cultivate calmness, to resourcefully redirect anger, and/or to appropriately assert yourself?
* Can You Curb Greed?: Greed is a signal from your Causal (Karmic) Body that you have unhealed survival traumas from one or more past lives. If you are afraid to give because you doubt you will receive more and so you respond with "Greed" and this has made you ill, can use your abundance in more loving ways?
* Can You Balance Vanity?: Vanity is a signal from your Mental (Thought) Body that you are out of balance with your "proper" place in the universe. If you think you are "God's gift" to the universe (narcissistic vanity) or that you are "God's mistake" (masochistic vanity), are you willing to strive for balanced humility instead?
* Can You Release Attachments?: Attachment is a signal from your Etheric (Intuition) Body that you still have desires within you that are seeking fulfillment from many past lives. If you feel like you are not acting for yourself in this life now and this has made you ill, are you willing to look back and heal your past lives?
* What Will You Do/Be?: All the emotions above are active but you will also need to manage their opposites which are passive.
Apathy is the lack of lust.To fully recover from illness, you must take charge and better manage both the active and passive aspects of your emotions.
"We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival." (Winston Churchill)
If you have been ill and want to recover, the mental aspect is the most problematic part of recovery.
* Are You Really Ready to Change?: Many illnesses are caused by unloving thoughts created by negative emotions and disempowering actions.
* Illness Return: If your thoughts keep on flowing the same way after the illness as they did before it, more often than not, the illness will return. Doing things differently (replacing negative thoughts with positive ones) and doing different things (adopting the beliefs and habits of healthy people) are necessary for change.* Can You Heal Your Sick Persona?: Especially if you have been ill from birth and have never been well, inside your mind there is a sick persona who is keeping you ill. If you cannot even imagine what you would be like if you had vibrant health, then you have a sick persona inside you that must be healed first.
* Remember: You cannot be well on the outside if you are not well on the inside. The "Vibrant Health" exercise can teach you how to think healthy thoughts and to build wellness from the inside out.* Can You Get Approval?: Those who are ill often gain attention and help from others… that they would lose if they were to become healthy. Often, the sick person fears they will lose the "approval" of others if they got well. So if are you ready to gain the approval of others from being well rather than ill, you will recover.
* Can You Take Control?: Those who are ill lose control over their lives due to the resulting physical, mental, and emotional incapacity. Often, the sick person fears they will lose being "taken care of" and may fear taking back responsibility. The sick person also may use their incapacity to control others. So if you are ready to take control, be independent, and take on full responsibilities, you will recover.
* Can You Feel Secure?: Those who are ill almost always feel insecure because they cannot rely on their body, mind, or emotions due to illness. Often the sick person learns to distrust themselves because of their incapacity. Yet, this distrust interferes with your self healing mechanisms by not sending a clear message of healing. So if you can feel secure in your ability to heal, you will recover.
= Nurturing Your Body
* Illness Return: If you eat and drink junk, your body breaks down. If you skimp on sleep, if you choke your lungs with smoke, if you pickle your liver with alcohol, and if you do drugs routinely, you are poisoning your body. If you get too little or indulge in too much exercise, your body gets damaged. If you dress without regard to the weather or safety, you are insane! All these guarantee illness returns.* Can You Do 90% of Normal?: Your "normal" way of life is partly what caused your illness. If you always push yourself and are constantly stressed, you must learn to relax and breathe deeply. If you always sit around and move very little, you must learn to exercise and walk around for 30 minutes daily. If you can alter your life-style to do "90% of normal" to start (and then do 80%, 70%, 60% and so on), you have taken the first important step along the road of physical recovery.
* Can You Do Daily Self Care?: Your poor level of daily self care is partly what caused your illness. If you are not getting 8 hours of sleep, if you are not breathing fresh air, if you are not getting 30 minutes of sunshine, if you are not eating healthy foods, if you are not drinking eight 8 ounce glasses of water each day, and if you are not dressing to keep warm, then you must do all of these things on a daily basis starting now so you can get the energetic support you need to recover.
* Can You Cut Out Toxicity?: Your exposure to chemical toxins is partly what caused your illness. "If you cannot eat it, then wear protective gear (gloves, goggles, etc) to keep yourself safe from it." Your body was not designed to cope with the massive array of toxins so protect it from them so you can recover.
* Can You Correct Deficiency?: Your consumption of nutritionally poor food and drink is what caused your illness. If you are not eating fresh vegetables and fruit daily and if you are not drinking vitamin rich juices daily, then you must correct this deficiency to fortify your body so that you can recover and attain vibrant health.
Credits: from channeled information.
Terms of Service
Web Site Hosted by Net Atlantic
Copyright © 2000-2021, Ellen A Mogensen,
Past & Now Forward Holistic Counseling,